- September 5, 2012
Today Gil Press, blogger at Forbes, What’s The Big Data?, and The Story of Information, published his thoughts on an interview with our new CEO Jim Kaskade, titled “Infochimps’ New CEO on the Next Big Data Acquisition and Getting Rid of Data Scientists.”
- “CIOs are ready to embrace open source big data software and that the established IT players, lacking open source experience, will have to buy their way into the market.”
- “As an engineer with Teradata in the 1990s, he witnessed first-hand what I call the Small Big-Data Bang and as a result, can draw interesting parallels with today’s Big Big-Data Bang.”
- “Get rid of the data scientists? ‘The politically correct way to say it,’ says Kaskade, ‘is that I will turn your business users and application developers into data scientists…”
Read the article.
Interested in reading more about Jim’s vision of The Data Era? Jim’s first blog post with Infochimps, The Data Era – Moving from 1.0 to 2.0, provides an inside look into “why Infochimps is so well positioned to make a significant impact within the marketplace”.
See other media coverage:
- SFGate: Infochimps Welcomes Jim Kaskade as CEO
- Silicon Angle: Infochimps Climbs the Tree of Success with New CEO Jim Kaskade