- September 10, 2012
Aside from the great view from the 16th floor of the Omni Hotel, neatly organized office space, and a secret meeting room behind bookshelves (so cool), we had the opportunity to catch up with Austin’s most successful entrepreneurs and many friends. For those of you who made it out, thank you. Hope to see you at the next event!
This week, Infochimps is presenting at Intel Developers Forum in San Francisco and moderating a panel at Big Data Innovation Summit in Boston. You can also find us at the following events coming soon:
- DataWeek, Tues, Sept. 25: We’ll present “Big Data as a Service” with executives from ThinkBig Analytics, Macy’s, GigaOm, and Cloudera.
- CXO Big Data Seminar, Wed, Sept. 26: Apply now to join us for our Seminar with thought leaders from PARC, ThinkBig Analytics and VMware, to explore strategies, best practices and technologies for building a Big Data roadmap for competitive advantage.
- CloudCon, Oct. 1-3: We’re presenting three sessions, “Tao of Data Science,” “Power Panel 1: Big Data Warehouse vs. Enterprise Data Warehouse,” and a closing Keynote “Infinite Monkey Theorem.” See you there!
If you’re in Austin, join us for these upcoming community events:
- Austin R User Group, Thurs, Sept. 27: We love our local Meetup created to support and share R experience and knowledge among the Austin community
- ATX Startup Crawl, Thurs, Oct. 11: A chance to mingle in Austin’s hottest startups’ office space, chat with some of Austin’s most renowned entrepreneurs, and drink a free beverage – all at the same time
For other Austin community events:
- Lean Startup Machine, Fri, Sept. 21: A 3-day workshop where attendees use Customer Development and Lean Startup principles to validate an idea for a new product or service
- Girl Hacker Drink-up, Wed, Sept. 26: An informal group of female developers in Austin who meet once a month to discuss projects, share new insights, do some coding
- Austin CTO, Tues, Oct. 2: An opportunity for members of Austin CTO to discuss strategies and thought-leadership over dinner