- April 27, 2010
Today we’re announcing some cool new products we’ve derived from the Twitter API. These include:
- A bunch of free aggregate datasets like Number of users by Friend count that are great for creating visualizations. Find a bunch more (like number of users with x followers, friends, join date, here.
- A reputation number for 40M users, Trstrank.
- An extraction of all stock mentions from 1.6B tweets.
- An update to our Twitter Census from last year, with all Hashtag, URL, and Smiley occurances from our dataset of 1.6B tweets.
- The Trst.me app, a way to look at your reputation number from the Trstrank dataset. It also features an API!
Our own @thedatachef and @jessecrouch created this visualization of user background colors on Twitter, using the free dataset on Infochimps:
Hack away at the free datasets and create visualizations of your own! Anything you create from these datasets we will be glad to feature here on our blog.
Please note: These datasets only contain either anonymized aggregate counts or simple user statistics as they come from the Twitter API. The pagerank dataset contains a derived reputation number, and none of the datasets contain full tweets.